Have I told you lately how much I LOVE you guys! I’m constantly blown away by the fabulous ways you re-imagine my patterns. Even though the Billie Dress has only just been released there’s been some super cute and easy peasy pattern hacks popping up that I want to share with you!
First up is this Sleeveless Billie Dress made by Ashley from Elise’s Mama! This pattern hack gives the Billie Dress a very modern make-over!
For this pattern hack leave the sleeves off.
Next up we have this collarless Billie Dress sewn by Kelly from Jack and Megan. I love how this pattern hack keeps the interest at the neckline even without the collar height!
For this pattern hack leave off the collar.
… and our final example is by Hanny from icutie She has made her Billie Dress – without the collar and she has split the back bodice and swapped the regular zip to an invisible zip!
To split the back bodice:
- Measure the height of the front bodice.
- Cut the back bodice pattern piece so it is the same height as the front bodice.
- Add 1cm (3/8′) seam allowance along this cut.
- Cut your top back bodice piece from a contrast fabric.
- Sew the top and bottom back bodice pieces together.
- Follow as per the pattern
To swap the regular zip to an invisible zip:
- Trim 1cm (3/8″) from the centre back pattern piece.
- Follow as per pattern but disregard the regular zip insertion instructions and insert your invisible zip.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post.
If you’ve got a dress or story you’d like me to include on the blog please get in touch.
Till next time.